Agenda for FVC4PNJ meeting of August 1st, 2020
- Federal agents invade US cities. Implications and what we can do about it.
- On-line activism versus street activism. Can those of us staying at home to avoid the virus do anything effective at this dangerous, dreadful and hopeful time?
- Can we continue to engage in the national fight for Racial Justice which has continued and is making some progress, and also address Climate, Medicare for All, Immigrants’ Rights, and other urgent causes?
- De funding the military along with defunding the police: results of Congressional vote.
Evaluation of July Activities:
- Nurses strike???
- Car Caravan and street demonstration opposing US sanctions on 39 nations. https://www.facebook.com/BerningMediaNetwork/videos/1206401736373928
- July 25th, Car Caravan to Woodstock to Immigrant Detention Center
- July 26th, McHenry County Board may discuss the possibility of discontinuing their relationship with ICE. Members of the public may be able to speak.
- Thursday, July 30th, 6:45 till 9 PM, screening of “Power to Heal,” hosted by Illinois Single Payer Coalition. Screening is open. Link and password to join https://streaming-bullfrogfilms.nationbuilder.com/forms/user_sessions/new
Password to join is PHOt76. Post screening panel via zoom requires registration https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0lcu-oqDksE9RY6IywyLHoCEmm9mXn7FZJ?fbclid=IwAR1CxjhxKgEiyoJXXBV2WSG-giPIiR1YxSKMt5_i5K7ewcK3k2eGKXT_2Qo
Occupy Elgin is doing substantial work on homelessness and doing weekly demonstrations each Saturday from 1 PM till 2 Pm at Kimball and Grove in Elgin calling for racial justice.