For those of us who cannot go to the Sacred Stone Camp in North Dakota to be physically with the Standing Rock Sioux, there are important things we can do locally. to support them.
As most of you know, the Army Corp of Engineers has issued a notice that they will evict water protectors and their allies from the Sacred Stone Camp on Monday, December 5th. The Standing Rock Sioux have vowed to stand and hold their positions. Most of you are also aware of the violence perpetrated upon the Sioux and their allies by law enforcement bodies.
We plan some solidarity actions beginning on Thursday, December 1st. We will target branches of the banks which are invested in and supportive of the Dakota Access Pipeline. We call upon them to withdraw their funding from the project, as the Norwegian bank has done. We will call upon the customers going in and out of those banks to consider moving their money to other institutions.
Please Join us.
Here is the schedule of our plans for Thursday:
1) 8 AM till 9 AM, Chase Bank at Grove Avenue and Chicago Street in Elgin.
2) 10 AM till 11 AM, Citibank at 800 S. Barrington Road in Streamwood,
3) 1 PM till 2 PM, Wells Fargo Bank at 210 So Roselle Rd in Schaumberg.
4) There is also at least one event planned for Chicago. You can read about it here.
5) We are also aware of an event planned for a bank at 4 PM in South West Naperville. The details of this event are not yet available, but you can sign up to get more information here.
Bring a relevant sign and join us.
0 thoughts on “#NO DAPL Action Events for December 1st in Chicago Metro Area”
I bank at Chase bank and would be willing to withdraw my money from the Elgin location tomorrow. What would be a recommended alternative suggested by the foxvalleycitizens4peace? Also how can I become a member of your organization?
You must log in to post a comment.